Our team

Our vision as a community is to build an active, welcoming and creative Uniting Church presence in this region in the present, for the future.

Our Minister

Gareth

Rev Gareth Darlow

Gareth grew up mostly in Bendigo, and after graduating with an Arts degree, trained for youth ministry with the Uniting Church.  He has worked as a youth worker around Melbourne and in Wangaratta, and then was ordained in 2003.

Gareth lives in Williamstown with his partner and their daughter, and after years of practice, has almost learned to fold a beach tent back into its cover!

Gareth brings with him into ministry a love of storytelling, a menagerie of puppets, and an enthusiasm for music.  He believes that the sacred is present around and among us, in morning coffees and afternoon walks, in moments of quiet prayer and moments of helpless laughter.  Most of all, Gareth enjoys hearing people’s stories and sharing in their lives. He tells people he has the best job in the world, and 95% of the time, he means it.  (The other 5%, he’d quite like to be Mick Jagger).

You can find prayers and bits of writing at Gareth’s blog.  

Church Council

Jenny C

Dr Jenny Campbell

Chairperson

Lisa Carey

Lisa Carey

Member, Church Council

Elizabeth Lanyon

Dr Elizabeth Lanyon

Secretary

Nancy Cox

Dr Nancy Cox

Member, Church Council

Noelle Howell

Noelle Howell

Treasurer

JeanP

Jean Parker

Member, Church Council

Gareth

Rev Gareth Darlow

Minister